The Donner Summit website and identity is managed by the Donner Summit Association.
The Donner Summit Association (DSA) is the Voice of Donner Summit. We work to protect, promote, and strengthen Donner Summit as a unique and vibrant year-round mountain community that provides opportunities for visitors, residents, and businesses alike–to thrive in our beautiful alpine environment.
Along with the traditional annual activities, such as the community July 4th fundraiser picnic, periodic area cleanups, and communication with both Placer and Nevada counties, recent accomplishments and future plans include:
• Construction of the Gateway Monument and visitors’ information kiosk, designed by world-class design firm Page Turnbull Architects;
• Organization of Donner Summit Trailheads, enhanced signage design, and public restrooms;
• Fundraising, design, and implementation of a Donner Summit Community + Visitors Center;
• Develop and Maintain the Donner Summit website, identity, and social media channels. Exciting additions in the works–including Donner Summit branded goods and apparel;
• Implementation of the award-winning Soda Springs Area Plan, created by Nevada County with concepts applicable to the wider Donner Summit area;
• Influencing the design of the upcoming rebuild of Donner Pass Road (via FLAP grant) and the Soda Springs Bridge over the Yuba River;
• Consolidation of all local organizations to create a unified voice and coordinated activities;
• Grant writing and master planning;
And much more.
Click here to learn more about becoming a member of Donner Summit Association.
Core Action Team Members
Beth Tanhoff, Administrator